Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Health and Beauty...Restoring your mind, in a world of confusion, restoring your body to the temple you were called to be, restoring your soul to His likeness

Welcome to Health and beauty... A moment to rest your mind, revive your body and nourish your soul. As woman we are chosen to be many great things, and one of the things we miss out on in our hectic lives is being God's Garden, a place of beauty, rest and enjoyment for ourselves and our husbands. When we were called to be our husband's dearest and closest confidant, friend, help mate and the lover of his soul, we were also called to be a quiet place,a haven in the world he fights each day, a place in his heart where he finds peace. We are his Garden. A place set aside from everything else.

In Song of Solomon, We are called Gardens, a place where are beloved comes, a place where his soul is revived. It speaks of our words being sweet as honeycomb, our lives being a well spring of living waters.
In chapter 4:9 it says " You have ravished my heart, and given me courage.."

So I encourage you this week, to step away, find a quite place, turn on soft music, take a walk, read your bible, settle your mind down and restore what may have been lost to you this week or the past couple days.
Being a massage therapist, each time I start a massage I mentally quiet my mind, I stop everything that is going on and focus on the needs of the person who has come to me, that being said, do the same for yourself. Shut all out, open to God and let your moment began.
  For us to be a Garden to our husbands, loved ones or people we meet throughout the day, we must first have that within ourselves.Beauty come from within, but it also works its way to the way we look, and feel about ourselves.  So ladies here is some homemade, simple and natural ways to help you relax and enjoy the day.
          
              Spa treatments from woman around the world.

  1. Greece: Exfoliate with a mixture of 3-4 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 cup sugar. Massage over skin in a circular motion.
  2. Poland: Apply honey to face as an intense moisturizer. Honey hydrates and helps protect skin from UV damage. 
  3. Chile: Draw out toxin and stimulate circulation in the skin with a grape mask. Combine a handful of smashed grapes with a teaspoon of flour to form a paste. Pat onto face and let sit 20 minutes;rinse. 

I Pray your day is one of health, life and fullness. May your week be blessed with Gods love, for he brings life to our soul and health to our bones. See you next week for more health and beauty.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this very much livy! I shall have to try some of your spa treatments and take a moment for myself to renew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed it, It is mostly to myself, I get so busy, being a new wife, wanting the house to be clean,having dinner ready for him, clothes washed, things that seem to just say " This is what a wife is," that I get so lost in that and sometimes stressed out, wanting to do it just right.I can get a little overwhelmed. lol. It's funny how I can take things so seriously, wanting to be " A Proverbs 31 woman," that I forget that I am also something so much more then the woman who cleans, organizes and keeps the house in order. life is a journey, ever learning. Take care, thanks again for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh beautiful Liv! :)
    This got me to thinking of one of my favorite discoveries in the Bible. It talks about a large oasis along the dead sea. To some it is called Tel Goren, to others Hazazon Tamar, but we refer to it as Engedi; David hid there, Song of Solomon talks of it's palm trees in capter 1 verse 14. This was a beautiful garden, with rushing waterfalls, beautiful trees and sites.
    And like David, (although not running for my life), And Amanda I am thinking I will take a quiet moment this week too! Find my Engedi. I look forward to more tips from you! Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) love it Liv.. can't wait to try the facials. i need them. haha nice comments as well... great thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt calmed just reading what you wrote...It is so important to take time to just sit and quiet your mind and soul and focus on the beauty of the Lord. Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oliva, this is beautiful. :) I'd love to try the grape mask. Sounds exciting and refreshing. You are so right. It's important for us to be renewing our passion for Christ daily, so important because then it will overflow into our relationship with our husband. Amazing! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete