Thursday, June 2, 2011

Think Green

Back in the early 1900s Deco-page became quite popular. It means poor mans art. People would get news paper clippings, magazine covers, article, really any kind of paper and would Deco-page tables, chairs, plates, boxes, anything they could use and turn it into art. I have had a love for paper from a young age. I would collect whatever kind I could find. For years I collected stamps from around the world. Now whatever I can use and use again is a new and fun experience.

I have been using this Glue for years, I started these little adventures of art when I was around nine years old. My grandma Marge got my brothers and sisters hooked at a young age. She had boxes of paper and we would spend hours cutting pictures out of magazines. This was a past time that I have continued over the years. 

3 comments:

  1. I need to do this again. We did papier-mâché when we were younger, and that was fun. I kinda want to do it again, but with hands, bottles, etc. =) And then découpage the outside. ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the memories of decoupage!!! Remember our hat boxes at Marges?? I loved those days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, there are so many things you can decorate. I have done boxes, books, hat boxes.lol. Those were always fun. Marge was so into all of that, I loved and still love it. Bottles were always fun then you melt candles over it and use it for a candle holder. Decorating for outside dinners or a romantic evening. Old bottles,new bottles with a candle stick, can look great.

    ReplyDelete