Friday, June 17, 2011

Welcome to Frankenmuth

Last week  some of us ladies decided to hit the road and head out of town. We landed on the little shores of Frankenmuth. A small town started in 1845 by missionary's from  the Province of Franconia in the Kingdom of Bavaria,Germany. The town then brought other German family's to the area and many towns in the area have German origins as well.  The small German town continues to delight thousands of people throughout the year and bring us a little taste of the past. 

                      You can go down the river on the old Canal boat

 Sheri and Jen were my crazy partners on the grand journey:) We decided to throw all rules out the window and headed straight for the chocolate shop! Being I have been off sugar for almost 2 weeks I was quite thrilled to just fill my coffers with lots of delicious jams and jelly's.
Before we could step past the threshold of heaven, we were greeted by the door keeper who had free deliciousness. He was on the disturbing side, but we must not judge when free goodies are involved.lol. Wow that sounds like sound advice, " children even if a man is scary, don't judge if he has free candies,!! lol. What a great mom I'll make. 

Jen found the peanut butter first!! And was quite happy not to eat the rest of the day, but to munch on her peanut butter, chocolate cup.
I on the other hand wanted to choose wisely, and have as much, but little cost as possible to my diet. So I got one sugar free piece, I thought I chocked on mud!!! I had a chocolate covered pretzel and a lovely little guy called a " Hay stake," I am a great lover of coconut. Grin. Yummmo! So as I have learned well from my grandpa Lonnie, With any rich and sweet dessert, you must have a well made coffee. So we were off to the coffee shop.

I got a lovely guy named Breve, and was thrillled by the rich and deep tones of is thoffy voice. lol. Jen, went for the sweet and creamy Caramel Macchiato, and Sheri, a hot, rich chocolate, never enough chocolate:)


                                                 My little friend, Breve.



From there we walked from shop to shop, talking and enjoying the day. We found a "Everything" old time store. It had the old metal signs. It made me think of my grandpas garage, the wall on the back, with old signs.
I liked this one, for I was starting to feel the affects of all the coffee and chocolate.lol. My stomach hates me!!
So within the next couple of minutes, my poor chocolate and coffee was gone and I was back to no sugar.lol.
However along the way I found this little guy:)


 We then went underground, to the shops beneath the streets. It was cold! lol. I hate being cold, and I didn't have Nate there to still a little warmth. Hehe.
             But then I found these little ladies and they made it much better. Aren't they cute:) lol.
We came back to the light and decided it was time to get something to eat, the ladies had only been here so I suggested we try the place across the street.

We sat down, poor sheri, I had to take a picture before she looked at the menu, and if I had just taken one after the fact. LOL. We opened it up and the prices! $19.50 for lunch!! lol. I don't think my husband will let me leave town often. hahah. So we talked to the host and they told us they had a nice cafe down stairs if we would like to go there, we were very pleased and enjoyed their menu down below. lol.
      We then walked to the shops across the bridge to find pop corn for Jen, and we came across a cool music store with some rad glasses. Grin.
I just felt so fee and alive!! lol. It was a wonderful day with some fun ladies. We will have to do it again soon, however I will eat a little less chocolate next time. Grin. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Liv! ou crack me up with that butler guy! hahaha He is looking a little on the sickly side! :) Girls really do know how to enjoy themselves, when there is chocolate and coffee to be had, what is not to enjoy! Love the glasses! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun! We were going to go there for Christmas but never made it. It looks like we should since you all had such fun. =)

    ReplyDelete